1. Do establish a realistic budget: Determine how much you can afford by considering your income, expenses, and financial goals. This will guide your home search and help you avoid overextending yourself.
2. Do research loan options: Look into various mortgage options, such as fixed-rate or adjustable-rate mortgages, and compare interest rates and terms to find the best fit for your financial situation.
3. Do get pre-approved for a mortgage: This will give you a clear understanding of what you can afford and strengthen your offer when you find a home you like.
4. Do consider additional expenses: Keep in mind that homeownership comes with additional costs beyond the mortgage, such as property taxes, insurance, maintenance, repairs, and utilities. Factor these into your budget.
5. Do prioritize your needs: Clearly define your must-haves and preferences in a home. Consider factors like location, size, number of bedrooms, amenities, and proximity to schools or transportation.
6. Do work with a real estate agent: Enlist the help of a reputable real estate agent who specializes in the local market. They can guide you through the process, answer your questions, and provide valuable insights.
1. Don't rush the process: Take your time and thoroughly research your options. Buying a home is a significant financial decision, so engage in due diligence and carefully weigh your choices.
2. Don't make large purchases or open new credit accounts: Avoid taking on additional debt or changing your financial situation while in the home-buying process. This can affect your credit score and mortgage eligibility.
3. Don't skip home inspections: Always have a professional inspection done to identify any potential issues with the property. This will help you make an informed decision and negotiate repairs or adjustments if required.
4. Don't overlook hidden costs: Apart from the home price, factor in closing costs, moving expenses, and any immediate repairs or renovations that the property may need.
5. Don't neglect the neighborhood: Research and visit the neighborhoods you are interested in to gain a sense of their amenities, safety, and overall vibe. Consider factors like proximity to schools, grocery stores, parks, and your workplace.
6. Don't forget about future plans: Think about your long-term goals, such as potential resale value, investment potential, or the possibility of expanding your family. This will help ensure that the home you choose aligns with your future needs.
Remember, buying a home is a significant milestone. Being well-prepared, informed, and patient will help make the process smoother and increasing the likelihood of finding the right home for you.
Hello everyone. Today we are highlighting the prestigious, award-winning golf course and community known as crown isle, a place where you can live, stay, dine and play. I’m standing here at the entrance to the Crown Isle resort where you’ll find lavish accommodations, the timber room, bar and grill, a golf shop and an impressive 18-hole course.
While golfing this par 72 course you’ll be surrounded by lakes, views of the Beaufort mountain range and the Comox glacier. At crown isle you’ll also find a driving range with chipping & putting greens, and practice bunkers.
Whether you’re looking for a single-family, detached home, the ease of the condo lifestyle, or a gated patio home complex crown isle truly has it all. Price ranges in this community vary depending on what you’re after but you can expect condos to start around $600K and detached homes up to and around the $2m mark with a bit of everything in between.
Crown isle is centrally located between East Courtenay and comox. It is a short, few minute, drive from the hospital, North Island College, the airport, grossers, recreation, and all other amenities.
If crown isle sounds like the right fit for you and your lifestyle, give us a call today. We’d love to chat more in depth about all that it has to offer and answer any questions you may have. Thank you so much for tuning in and be sure to , give us a follow for other upcoming neighborhood tours around in Comox Valley.
Head On over to our YouTube channel to watch todays video!
Spring has finally sprung in the Comox Valley, and with it comes a plethora of exciting activities to keep you busy! From scenic hikes to local events, we’ve compiled a list of must-see attractions for anyone looking to make the most of their time in one of BC’s most beautiful destinations. So without further ado, let's dive into some of the top things you won't want to miss doing this spring!
Comox Valley Exhibition
The Comox Valley Exhibition is a much-anticipated annual event that celebrates the best of the Comox Valley. This year's edition will be held from May 18-20 at the Comox Valley Exhibition Grounds featuring attractions and activities such as a carnival, a grand parade, live entertainment, food vendors, and much more!
The Springtime Tea Party
This event takes place at the Courtenay Museum on April 28th. It's a great opportunity to learn about the Victorian Era while enjoying some delicious tea and sandwiches.
Flower Power Fling
This annual event takes place at the Comox Valley Botanical Gardens on May 12th. It's a celebration of all things floral, with a wide variety of activities and displays to enjoy.
Restaurants + Cafés To Try
The Comox Valley is home to a number of great restaurants and cafes, and this spring is the perfect time to try them out! Here are some of our favourites: Locals Restaurant, Islander Pub, Driftwood Café, Little Red Riding Hood’s Bakery, and Crow & Gate Pub.
With its mild weather and stunning scenery, the Comox Valley is a great place to go for a hike. There are plenty of trails to explore, whether you’re looking for an easy stroll or a challenging hike. Here are some of our favorites: Mount Washington, Puntledge River Trail, Forbidden Plateau, and Nymph Falls.
Spring is a great time to get out and explore the Comox Valley! Whether you're looking to take part in some local festivities or just want to get outside and enjoy nature, there's no shortage of exciting activities in the area. Happy spring!
Did you know that Spring is peak house hunting season?
Traditionally, the Spring season for selling is March through June although this can vary from region to region. This time of year is the busiest time to buy a home but also the most competitive. Here are a few tips for navigating the Spring housing market.
Act fast – In a hot market, homes will not last long therefore causing low inventory. You want to be as flexible possible to attend open houses and mull over listings.
Be prepared – Ways to prepare yourself are getting a pre-approval, knowing what you can afford, hiring a real estate team, and identifying your needs and wants in a home.
Get ready for competition – With this being a popular time of year to sell, you can be faced with challenges such as bidding wars and competitive offers hence why preparation is key.
Do your research – Get to know the area, talk to locals in that neighbourhood, visit at different times of the day, and research the values of other homes in the area.
If you’re ready to buy a home this Spring, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team! We are happy to help you find your dream home.
Yes, social media is critical if you want your home to reach as many buyers as possible. Marketing plays a significant role in real estate thus, using social media can help maximize your business to the fullest. Platforms that we recommend to use are Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, and LinkedIn.
Here are 3 ways to use these social media outlets to your advantage in real estate:
1. Exposure: Using a platform such as Instagram allows you to showcase photo and video footage of your listings which captures the attention of viewers. Photography and videography are very important parts of selling.
2. Engaging with potential clients: Using your platforms to interact with your audience is one of the best ways to build a relationship with them. Having loyal clients who vouch for you is extremely crucial in this business.
3. Attracting a larger client base: Providing information about real estate can attract new viewers which can eventually translate into potential clients. Creating a memorable experience online can be done through compelling content that will encourage viewers to continually come back for more.
Overall, leveraging your social media is a huge benefit to connect with clients and market your business. Networking and getting your listings in front of the right people will ultimately help gain more leads and grow your company. If you don’t already, follow us on Instagram at @brycehansenteam - we would love to connect with you!