If you’re planning on selling your home in the Comox Valley area, there are several steps you can take to get it ready for the market. These 5 tips will help make sure your home is presented at its best and give potential buyers a great first impression.
1. Declutter - Start packing up those excess items around your house that add to the ‘cluttered’ look. This will open up space and give potential buyers a better sense of how they could use each room.
2. Clean - A clean home makes such a difference in how people view it! Spend time deep cleaning, including baseboards, carpets, windows and countertops.
3. Curb Appeal - The exterior of your home is the first impression for potential buyers. Consider giving it a facelift with fresh paint, and adding a few potted plants to liven it up.
4. Depersonalize - Get rid of personal items such as photos, artwork and other knick-knacks in order to make it easier for viewers to imagine their own belongings in the space.
5. Consider an inspection - Have a professional inspector check for any issues that need to be addressed, such as electrical or plumbing problems. It’s also a great way to provide potential buyers with additional peace of mind.
By following these easy tips, your home will shine on the market and attract more potential buyers! When you’re ready to sell your home in the Comox Valley, reach out to a local real estate agent who can help guide you through the process. Good luck!