Are you a first time home buyer wondering what to do? What questions to take into consideration? May it be you're feeling, overwhelmed, stuck, angry, have a look at these top 10 buyer tips that we personally recommend here at the Bryce Hansen Team.
1. Do your research – The Comox Valley is a beautiful area, but it also has its own unique characteristics that first-time home buyers need to be aware of before making a purchase. Educate yourself on the neighborhoods, schools and amenities available in the area to find out where you see yourself fitting into this neighborhood.
2. Set a budget – Before you even start looking for your home to be in the Comox Valley, it is important to know how much you can afford. Knowing the price range that you are comfortable with will help narrow down your search and keep you from making any impulse decisions when falling in love with a house outside of your price range.
3. Get pre-approved – Before shopping for homes, get pre-approved for a loan. This will show sellers that you are serious about buying and give you a better understanding of where your maximum price point should be before entering into negotiations.
4. Find the right agent – The Bryce Hansen Team at RE/MAX is experienced in the Comox Valley Real Estate market and are here to help you find the perfect home. Working with an experienced agent can help simplify the entire process and save you time, energy and money.
5. Have realistic expectations - When house hunting it is important to be realistic about your expectations for a home based on what you can afford. It is better to be realistic and have a list of wants versus needs so you can focus on finding the right property for your budget.
6. Don’t rush it - Making an offer on the first home you see is not ideal. Take your time searching through the different homes that are available in order to find one that you can see yourself living in long-term.
7. Make sure you inspect – It is important to get an inspection done on any house before making a purchase. This will allow you to make an informed decision on whether or not the home is worth buying, as well as alerting you of any potential problems that need to be addressed.
8. Don’t forget about closing costs - Closing costs should be taken into consideration when determining the overall price of a home. These expenses can include lawyer fees, title insurance and transfer taxes and need to be factored into how much you are willing to spend on a property.
9. Have your finances in order - You should always have all of your financial documents ready to go before making an offer on a home. This includes proof of income, past tax returns and bank statements that can be used for mortgage pre-approval.
10. Be patient – With the help of The Bryce Hansen Team at RE/MAX, you can find the perfect Comox Valley home for you. Having patience and not making any rushed decisions will help you to find just what you are looking for in a new home.
Good luck with your home-buying experience!
We hope that these 10 tips have helped prepare you for purchasing your first Comox Valley property. The Bryce Hansen Team at RE/MAX is here to help make the process easier, so don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions arise or if you need assistance with your search.